Greenwich borough residents with questions about coronavirus vaccines can get their questions answered next week at a special online session.
Healthwatch Greenwich, which represents users of health and social care services in the borough, is organising the session next Wednesday so people can find out about the rollout of the jabs in the borough from health and care experts.
Across the UK, 12.6 million people have been given the first dose of a vaccine, according to Public Health England, with over half a million having had both doses. Up-to-date local figures are not publicly available, although by last Friday over 33,000 Greenwich residents had been given a dose of the vaccine.
— NHS South East London (@NHSSELondon) February 2, 2021
Healthwatch Greenwich’s event, Get Injected, Not Infected, aims to answer questions about the largest vaccination programme in history and how it will be carried out locally.
The event will be held on Wednesday 17 February at 11am. To take part, sign up at eventbrite.co.uk.
CORONAVIRUS: STAY AT HOME
- Local info: Greenwich | Lewisham | Bexley
- Got symptoms? Book a test now or call 119
- Not got symptoms? Book a fast test in Greenwich (Greenwich, Eltham, Charlton, Woolwich, Thamesmead; open to all), Lewisham (Catford, Deptford and Downham- critical workers only), Bexley (Bexleyheath)
- Got vaccine questions? Find out more about Covid-19 jabs
- NHS advice | Stay at home | Wash your hands more often
- Official figures on virus spread
853 produces public interest journalism for Greenwich and SE London and is part-funded by its readers. If you would like to help keep it running, become a member:
- Join us on Steady at steadyhq.com/853 – donate monthly amounts in pounds
- Find us on PressPatron at presspatron.com/853 – donate monthly or annual amounts in pounds, or make a one-off donation
- We’re also on Patreon at patreon.com/853 – donate monthly amounts in pounds
- Buy the site editor a coffee (or other beverage) at ko-fi.com.
Thank you for your support – the site would not exist without it.